MEQUON, Wis. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (6-14, 0-6 NACC) lost 3-0 Tuesday evening to the first place Concordia University Wisconsin Falcons (13-5, 6-0 NACC). The Falcons entered tonight's contest as one of the hottest teams in the NACC. Concordia Wisconsin had won ten of their last eleven matches, including six straight. The Falcons continued on that hot streak with a 25-15, 25-12, 25-15 victory over the Regents.
- Although Rockford never led in the opening set, the Regents hung tough with the Falcons for much of the way.
- Rockford trailed by just one point a third of the way through the set at 8-7. Della Crain, Paige Carpenter and Nicole Eggers all had at least one kill over that stretch.
- After CUW extended its lead to four points, the Regents used a 3-1 run to pull back within two points at 12-10.
- Unfortunately, the Falcons began to take control of the set from that point forward. CUW score six of the next seven points, en route to taking the first set 25-15.
- The second set got off to a rough start for the Regents, as the Falcons jumped out to a quick 8-3 lead.
- CUW continued to build upon its advantage, as Rockford was never able to get back within striking distance for the remainder of the set, falling 25-12.
- The third set began nearly the same way as the second, with CUW taking an early 8-3 advantage.
- This time however, the Regents battled back to within two points, thanks to a 5-2 run. Rockford's Jennifer Quintas tallied a pair of service aces, while Della Crain and Nicole Eggers each smashed a kill.
- The CUW lead hovered around two points until midway through the set.
- With Rockford trailing 14-12, the Falcons closed the set with an 11-3 run, to win the match 3-0.
- Della Crain finished with a team-high 7 kills.
- Paige Carpenter added 5 kills, 5 digs and 2 service aces.
- Brooke Mirshak tallied a team-high 11 digs.
- Jessica Witkowski had a team-high 14 assists and 3 digs.
The RU women's volleyball team returns home on Friday, October 11 to face Concordia University Chicago. The match has a scheduled start time of 7 PM in the Seaver Center.