ROCKFORD, Ill. The Rockford University men's soccer team (4-9-1, 1-4-0 NACC) lost a tough battle 2-1 in double overtime against Concordia University Chicago (5-6-0, 2-3-0 NACC). The Regents showed off their strength defensively not allowing a goal in the first half, keeping it a tight game. The Cougars scored early in the second half, but Rockford was able to answer with a goal to tie it coming from Caleb Warmbier. Rockford's stellar defense forced a double overtime, unfortunately the Cougars were able to score in the second overtime, winning 2-1.
- A strong defensive showing from both teams kept the game close with neither team scoring in the first half.
- With the score tied 0-0 entering the second half, the Cougars were the first team to take advantage when Alexis Gallegos found the back of the net in the 53rd minute to take a 1-0 lead.
- Later on in the second half, Caleb Warmbier added life to the Regents when he made an outstanding goal to tie the Cougars 1-1 in the 70th minute of the match forcing overtime.
- As a result of tough defense, the first overtime was scoreless.
- However, the Cougars were able to score in the second overtime taking the 2-1 win.
- Caleb Warmbier recorded 1 goal and 3 shots on goal.
- Cruz Marquez had 2 shots on goal.
- Francesco Martincig made 4 saves in goal.
The RU men's soccer team returns to the field on Saturday, October 12 at home against MSOE. The match has a scheduled start time of 7 PM at Wedgbury Stadium.